The restaurant is owned by Colin and Joan Felgate, both locals to Oban. With the help of their son and daughter they opened The Olive Garden in May 2011 and have since built up a reputation locally as the place to go for authentic Mediterranean cooking and exceptional seafood. As an independent family business we are very proud of our achievements.
As a family, we have worked together running restaurants since 2008. However we would not be where we are today without having an exceptional kitchen and front of house team.
Children are welcome at any time in The Olive Garden, and as parents ourselves, we believe that it is important to make families feel welcome! We offer a separate childrens' menu and high chairs and booster seats are available for little ones.
With little ones in mind, we are increasingly aware of our responsibility towards the environment. In an effort to reduce our impact on the planet, we are making some changes to how we provide our service.
* we recycle paper, cardboard and cans
* we have switched to biodegradable straws and takeaway containers
* we use eco friendly cleaning products which don't harm the environment
* we are taking action to reduce the amount of plastics waste we produce
* our staff are trained to be aware of wasteful use of energy and water
* we source fresh, local produce wherever we can, cutting down on our carbon footprint and supporting other local businesses.
We are a work in progress and would love to hear from you with any ideas you may have on how we can do better.